Fires From Arson Can Not Be Ignored
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna wants you to be aware of the causes of fire damage and fire injuries so that you can help prevent them.
Top Causes of Fires in Blue Earth County:
- Arson & intentional fires. An “intentional fire” is one that is not set to cause harm, but it gets out of control. Arson is a fire that is set to cause harm. Most of the time, arson and intentional fires are set outside. Deaths, injuries, and fire damage usually happen indoors
- Candles-SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna has more info here.
- Kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fire injuries and home fire damage
- Use all electrical equipment according to the directions
- Heating equipment is the second most common cause of deaths in home fires
- December, January, and February are the months that have the most home heating fires
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and other smoking materials are the biggest cause of fire deaths in the U.S. Think of preventing tragedy when explaining why to quit smoking
- Children should never be left alone with matches, lighters, candles, or other dangerous materials. Children playing with fire cause hundreds of deaths and injuries every year
Please pay attention to fire safety. While we can help to restore your home or office, prevention and family safety should always come first. Share this blog with a friend who might want to learn more about fire prevention.