Storm Evacuation with Disabilities in Owatonna
Storm Damage & Evacuation in Owatonna and Mankato
People with disabilities may need to pack more during an evacuation.
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna has these tips:
Plan for backup if you have your own car. A storm or flood may damage your car.
Before an emergency, check with your healthcare provider to understand these things:
- Where should I go if I need medical care?
- Where can I get medical supplies?
- How I do get accessible transportation?
- Does the facility have disability ramp access?
Bring with you:
- Written contact list
- Medical alert tags/bracelets
- Copies of medical insurance and Medicare cards
- List of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- Style & serial number of medical devices
- Supply of prescription medications
- Supply of medical equipment
- Extra battery for a power wheelchair
- Any cushions or padding
- Wheelchairs, canes, braces, etc.
Storm damage makes life more difficult for service animals too.
For people who have service animals in Owatonna and Mankato:
Pack extra food, water, & other supplies for the service animal
- Tell emergency responders that your service animal travels with you
- Shelters and other buildings may not refuse entry to a service animal