Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can become a problem in your home or business in as little as 48 hours when there is a water intrusion like a roof leak, leaking water line, ice dam, etc. Mold can spread quickly and sometimes make it into hard-to-spot areas. Even if mold the mold is not visible, it can cause health effects and significant damage to your property. If you suspect there may be mold in your home, keep safety in mind first. Avoiding the affected area is always best. Our crew at SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna utilizes protective gear, specialized equipment, and advanced training to handle mold problems.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (507) 200-3700
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Mankato
- Eagle Lake
- New Richland