What's going on in our Community
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna takes great pride in being a part of the Mankato/Owatonna communities. We want to do our part to ensure the Mankato/Owatonna communities thrives by helping keep the area safe and making our community the best it can be. If we're not busy helping you with your restoration needs you can count on us to be looking for a scholarship or charitable opportunity to donate to. We enjoy helping out multiple organizations, sponsoring teams, benefits and more. if you have a campaign you think would benefit our community please reach out to us. We enjoy helping in any way we can.
SnowKato Days is a 10-day winter festival celebrating Minnesota’s spirit in the heart of winter. This new annual event is scheduled for January 17-26. If you are one who is up for bold, crazy winter fun in January, this festival is for you! Take advantage of special discounts and a chance to win awesome prizes when you purchase a SnowKato Days button and have a winter blast participating the Jack Frost Frolic, Glowtubing, SnowDazzle in the City Center, the Medallion Hunt and more!
As part of Bold & Cold, Owatonna’s winter festival, we’ve got a fun-filled, snow fun, weekend planned! Take a look at the weekend’s activities and like our page on Facebook to stay updated on the weekend’s activities.
Friday, January 24 activities:
· Free Admission to West Hills Fitness Center - Time: 5:00-7:00pm. Gym, walking track, cardio room, and weight room is open for free use.
· Family Open Swim - Time: 6:30-8:30pm, Fee: $2.00 Per Person. Family Open Swim at the Owatonna Middle School is an opportunity for families to come and enjoy swim time together. During this time there will be 2 lifeguards on duty and the diving boards will be open. All children must be accompanied by a parent. Children with lifejackets must be within arm’s reach of a parent at all times.
Saturday, January 25 activities:
- Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament at Lava Burgers - Start Time: 11:00am. Trade in your shorts and tanks for thermals and hats and play in our Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament! Teams of up to 6 players (minimum of 4), co-rec or women’s teams, $30 entry fee per team, prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places! Sign your team up here - registration is under Leagues/Adult Volleyball.
- Fat Bike/Hok Ski Demo at Kaplan's Woods - Time: 10:00am-12:00pm. Fat Bikes and Hok Skis will be provided by Straight River Sports for you to give them a try.
- 2020 iGames - Time: 2:00-4:00pm. Grab a friend or family member and come to West Hills Social Commons (formerly SeniorPlace) for an afternoon of games for all ages. We will have Wii bowling and tennis, bags and billiards set up.
- Rock on Ice at Morehouse - Time: 6:00-8:00pm. Music, lights, fun...we’ll be Rockin on Ice! Bring the whole family down, warm up by the bonfire and enjoy a night skating to the music!
Sunday, January 26 activities:
- Family Ice Fishing at Lake Kohlmier - Time: 2:30 – 4:30pm. Join us on Lake Kohlmier for an afternoon of ice fishing. Limited equipment and bait will be provided -- holes will be pre-drilled for fishing. This is a FREE event for everyone to attend. Look for more information to come. Backup date: February 9th, 2:30 – 4:30pm.
Snow Sculpture Competition
Join in our 2nd Annual Snow Sculpture Competition! Sculpting will take place January 22-26 at Central Park Downtown Owatonna. Sculpting is open to the public to watch teams carve their sculptures!