STAY WARM AND SAFE THIS WINTER
FIRE SAFETY TIPS
SERVPRO of Mankato Owatonna wishes you a warm and safe 2019 winter.
Did you know….
- $2 billion in property loss occurs each year from winter home fires.
- Winter home fires account for only 8 percent of the total number of fires in the U.S., but result in 30 percent of all fire deaths.
- Cooking is the leading cause of all winter home fires.
- A heat source too close to combustibles is the leading factor contributing to the start of a winter home fire (15 percent).
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the most common time for winter home fires.
Practice fireplace safety and do routine maintenance checks. Call SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna if you experience any fire or smoke damage @ 507-200-3700
For information on fire safety tips visit:
CARE & CAUTION IN NORTH MANKATO
When it comes to your home, SERVPRO is cautious and prepared to handle all your concerns.
As the leading restoration provider in Mankato and Owatonna, our technicians are trained to take care of your personal property. We will always ensure to take caution when in contact with items that can't be moved, items that are of great value to you and provide all measures of safety.
In this picture, we had to remove several ceilings due to a water damage from a storm. We taped up a containment area in this kitchen to ensure no debris dirtied or damaged the homeowners cabinets and counter tops.
Our technicians not only take pride in the work they perform but also take precautions when it is warranted.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna is prepared to take all safety measures concerning your home and it's contents!
SERVPRO KEEPS IT CLEAN IN MANKATO, MN
Because we are ''the cleaning experts'' SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna believes having clean equipment represents our profession in a great way.
After each job we do, we clean our equipment and perform maintenance checks before placing it back on our shelves. We know and understand all jobs are unique and may encounter debris, dust or worse-mold spores. As cleaning and mold experts we ensure our equipment is working at top notch performance and represents the highest standards of clean.
After journeying back from a long trip helping residential and commercial property owners with storm restoration services, we stacked all our equipment to be cleaned and checked. Our technicians spent more than the better half of a day performing quality checks and cleaning equipment.
You can count on SERVPRO to help with all your cleaning needs. Call today to schedule an assessment.
Call SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna to help you. Our technicians are always ready to assist!
TOP OF THE LINE EQUIPMENT & SERVICES
Why call SERVPRO for your emergency services?
Let us tell you why. Because our technicians are highly trained and we only use top of the line equipment. The services were trained and certified in speak for themselves...
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - Other Training
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
And because SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna is faster to any size disaster, we come ready to serve you. The picture above shows how important it is to call us should you have water damage happen to you. We come with top of the line equipment to quickly remove the water in your home or business.
You can count on SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna to help you through any disaster you may encounter.
Preventing Fires This Thanksgiving Holiday
SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna wishes everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
Did you know?
Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires and can sometimes be due to turkey cooking methods.
When frying foods, you can increase the risk of a cooking fire.
Keep in mind of the potential dangers of deep frying a turkey:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over spilling hot oil across a large area. Use your turkey fryer only outdoors on a sturdy, level surface away from things that can burn.
- Make sure to have a “3-foot kid- and pet-free zone” around your turkey fryer to protect against burn injuries.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause oil to spill over when the turkey is placed inside.
- Determine the correct amount of oil needed by first placing the turkey in the pot with water.
- A partially frozen turkey will cause hot oil to splatter. Make sure your turkey is completely thawed before you fry it.
- Turkey fryers can easily overheat and start a fire. Check the temperature often with a cooking thermometer so the oil won’t overheat.
- The pot, lid and handles of a turkey fryer can get dangerously hot and cause burn injuries. Use long cooking gloves that protect hands and arms when you handle these items.
For more information and free fire-safety resources, visit www.usfa.fema.gov.
Commercial Cleaning At It's Best
Commercial Cleaning with SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna
SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna prides on our commercial work. The new owners of this building were tasked with soot from exhaust fumes. A job SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna is trained to tackle. Our professional cleaning team while using the scissor lifts were able to clean all walls and ceilings.
If you didn't know, soot can build up over time and cause an acidic residue to appear on any surface. This can lead to all kinds of issues. Not only is it unhealthy to work in and around but can be a daunting job to take on yourself to clean.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna understand how these residues can effect a business's appearance and we were pleased to help with this project.
Through our extended training and continued education we are able to resolve all cleaning tasks with top of the line commercial cleaning chemicals and procedures in making it like it never even happened©.
If you have a cleaning project you're unsure of how to deal with, give SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna a call @ 507.200.3700
When Water Damage Effects Your Owatonna Business
SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna is ready and prepared.
Water damage can effect any structure. It's usually always unexpected and comes with a mess to clean up after. The picture above is a conference room that was effected by water from a broken pipe in the building. Fortunately the director of the establishment called SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna to respond. Because they called as soon as they did, we were able to start the restoration process which resulted in less damage and repairs.
According to the latest research many businesses don't fully recover after a disaster, as much as 50% of them even. Which is why it is so important to take advantage of SERVPRO's© Emergency Ready Plans now. They are a no cost assessment to you and by developing a SERVPRO© ready plan you can prepare for disasters before they effect your business.
The restoration project that took place in this building went very smoothly because of their quick response to call SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna.
Call SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna today to start your Emergency Ready Plan @ 507.200.3700
Water Damage In Mankato Minnesota!
WATER DAMAGE RESPONSE TEAM
Water damage happens when you least expect it to, but rest assure because SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna are here to help with these kind of disasters.
This Mankato homeowner had a pipe burst and the areas effected were not just in the walls but in the ceiling too.
Our technicians arrived within under an hour, performed a full scope of services needed and began the restoration process. Not only did we begin the mitigation steps but upon further inspection our team members discovered mold growth behind interior walls. This resulted in a full cut out of a room.
The homeowner had no idea their was mold or any previous water losses. Once we educated our customer of the real dangers of mold spores they wanted the mitigation to start immediately.
The entire process was explained and we at SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna achieved 100% success in making another home safe again.
SERVPRO IS READY TO HELP
Water loss comes in all sizes!
Water damage can be of all sizes, no matter the culprit or cause of the damage. When it comes to commercial water loss SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna is ready to help you.
We understand that these disasters can disrupt your business which is why we work our hardest to make it "Like it never even happened." We will always work with you and your employees to ensure the restoration process does not effect your flow of business by developing a strategic plan with you and your company.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna will come equipped to assist in every way possible. You can count on us to show up prepared to get your business back up and running without any further interruptions.
Fall Maintenance Tips for Mankato / Owatonna Homes
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna Fall Maintenance Tips for Mankato / Owatonna Homes
Autumn is just around the corner. As hard as it may be to accept "at first" we Northerners know it's coming. No matter how much we'd like to pretend winter will take its time getting here, we must start preparing now.
There is important maintenance work to be done before that first snowflake appears out your window. It’s these tasks we don’t always look forward to but a must.
While the weather starts to change, now is the perfect time to get started on cleaning those gutters. Avoiding this task can ultimately lead to damage to your home including but not limited to:
- Damage to the gutters itself. Your gutters can become heavy when full of debris and fall causing a hazard to you, your family or visitors to your home. Not to mention you’ll need to repair or replace them adding costs that can be prevented.
- Fire hazards due to dry leaves left behind. No one wants to think a fire could happen but if a spark from even a neighbor welding “who may be using all safety precautions” can cause a spark to fly into your gutters resulting in a fire.
- Water can become backed up in those gutters and can eventually cause water damage to your roof, garage and even the walls and ceilings of your home. This happens more frequently than we believe it does.
Take the time in the coming weeks to clean your gutters and while your at it use these safety tips to ensure your safety during these cleaning projects:
- Do check for critters first. Sometimes animal wildlife and or pests can be taking up home in your gutters. Gently shaking the gutter first might help alert small animals to find another home.
- Choose a good and sturdy ladder. If you don’t have a safe ladder it might be a good idea to buy a new one or borrow a ladder that ensures your safety.
- Make sure to inspect this ladder before using it for any damage. Inspecting this ladder for sturdiness on each step and ensure that all screws are secure. The ladder should be safe for use before you make that first step. Check your owners manual for any specifications when using specific ladders.
- It’s always a good idea to let someone know you will be performing this task in case of accidental injuries or falls.
- Remember both of your feet and one hand should always be in contact with the ladder you’ve chosen to use. This is called a 3 point contact and should always be considered when on a ladder.
- Using protective eye wear will keep your eyes safe from any debris inside your gutters.
- Wear gloves. A cleaner hand is always favored but wearing gloves may also be the one thing that may protect you from a bite or sting from an insect.
Best of luck to you all in getting those gutters cleaned.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more useful tips and practical advice from SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna to ready your home or business for the Winter months.