Recent Commercial Posts
Mold In Drywall / Remediation and the EPA In Mankato and Eagle Lake
Don't Let Mold Catch You Unawares
Even a tiny bit of moisture can lead to mold growing in drywall.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ruled that only licensed professionals can clean any surface that has more than 10 square feet of mold. The EPA cannot know how you take care of your home or business, but you will need an inspection if you want to sell. You might not see all of the mold. The sooner you get rid of mold, the less damage it can cause.
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna is licensed in mold remediation.
Mold remediation means getting rid of the mold spores that become mold as well as fixing the root cause of the dampness.
- start growing on a damp surface within 24 hours
- destroy the materials they grow on
- spread and destroy adjacent materials
- grow from tiny spores that travel through the air
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna can:
- remove drywall
- disinfect certain surfaces
- find the source of moisture
- stop the moisture problem
Do You Have An Office Escape Route Planned?
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna hopes your home or business never has to deal with fire or smoke damage. Sometimes, a portable fire extinguisher is not enough to save your property and the only thing you can do is escape.
A small flame can turn into a large fire in a matter of minutes. Lives are more important than objects, so get yourself and others out of danger.
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna Offers These Tips for Escape:
- Make an escape plan ahead of time. Make sure everyone knows the plan
- Make sure that all doors and windows open easily
- Plan at least two different ways of escaping every room
- When you leave, close the doors and windows to shut in the flames
- Practice the plan
- Do not stop to pick up valuables. You can replace objects
- Make sure your plan includes a place to meet that is a safe distance from the home
- Do not turn off smoke alarms when you cook. You may need the warning
- If you have to go through smoke, crawl under it
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna reminds you to call the fire department once you are outside the home.
Commercial Cleaning At It's Best
Commercial Cleaning with SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna
SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna prides on our commercial work. The new owners of this building were tasked with soot from exhaust fumes. A job SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna is trained to tackle. Our professional cleaning team while using the scissor lifts were able to clean all walls and ceilings.
If you didn't know, soot can build up over time and cause an acidic residue to appear on any surface. This can lead to all kinds of issues. Not only is it unhealthy to work in and around but can be a daunting job to take on yourself to clean.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna understand how these residues can effect a business's appearance and we were pleased to help with this project.
Through our extended training and continued education we are able to resolve all cleaning tasks with top of the line commercial cleaning chemicals and procedures in making it like it never even happened©.
If you have a cleaning project you're unsure of how to deal with, give SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna a call @ 507.200.3700
When Water Damage Effects Your Owatonna Business
SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna is ready and prepared.
Water damage can effect any structure. It's usually always unexpected and comes with a mess to clean up after. The picture above is a conference room that was effected by water from a broken pipe in the building. Fortunately the director of the establishment called SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna to respond. Because they called as soon as they did, we were able to start the restoration process which resulted in less damage and repairs.
According to the latest research many businesses don't fully recover after a disaster, as much as 50% of them even. Which is why it is so important to take advantage of SERVPRO's© Emergency Ready Plans now. They are a no cost assessment to you and by developing a SERVPRO© ready plan you can prepare for disasters before they effect your business.
The restoration project that took place in this building went very smoothly because of their quick response to call SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna.
Call SERVPRO© of Mankato / Owatonna today to start your Emergency Ready Plan @ 507.200.3700
SERVPRO IS READY TO HELP
Water loss comes in all sizes!
Water damage can be of all sizes, no matter the culprit or cause of the damage. When it comes to commercial water loss SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna is ready to help you.
We understand that these disasters can disrupt your business which is why we work our hardest to make it "Like it never even happened." We will always work with you and your employees to ensure the restoration process does not effect your flow of business by developing a strategic plan with you and your company.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna will come equipped to assist in every way possible. You can count on us to show up prepared to get your business back up and running without any further interruptions.
Commercial Flood Insurance in Mankato / Owatonna Cities
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna Cities is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Mankato / Owatonna Cities. Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
- All agencies in Mankato / Owatonna Cities charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 1-800-427-4661
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna Cities recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating System. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding in your office. Call SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna @ (507) 200-3700 if you need help getting your office back to it's pre loss condition.