“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Remediation is the action of remedying something (in particular of reversing or stopping environmental damage), such as remedying your mold problem. Remedying or solving your mold problem does not mean removing all mold. Our team of experts recognizes that it is impossible to remove all mold from a home or business, but we do solve your mold problem by removing as much mold as possible. We also deodorize your home to get rid of that pesky mold and mildew odor. Our unique solutions and advanced techniques will ensure that mold is no longer an issue in your home or business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (507) 200-3700
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (507) 200-3700
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: