Recent Cleaning Posts
Professional cleaning services are just a call away
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna's professional cleaning services can fit all your cleaning needs.
Whether you purchased a property that needs a deep cleaning, or you’ve just become too busy with life to be able to catch up with household chores. Whatever the scenario, SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna has got your back.
The majority of the time, SERVPRO is known for emergency services such as basement floods, fire damage restoration or mold mitigation but, did you know that SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna also provides deep cleaning services for commercial and residential customers? Services that go above and beyond the routine cleaning.
If you can imagine it, we’ve seen it. Trust us on that one. We have the best cleaning solutions and techniques to clean any disaster.
We can clean just about anything you can set your eye on. We can also work within your schedule that is convenient for you to make small and large disasters, "Like it never even happened."
We’re Here to Help® get the grime out, take the burden off your shoulders, remove pet messes, and above all, renew your home to the relaxing environment it should be, Home Sweet Home.
You’d be surprised what our professionals at SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna can accomplish with our cleaning methods, experience, and equipment. But… if you’d rather dare us, then by all means, let us show you how we can make a difference in the appearance of your offices or residential home.
Whatever unique challenges your office or commercial property faces, our team will respond quickly and work with you to develop a plan of action that best fits your needs.
Call our offices to schedule your cleaning needs and we’ll accommodate whatever we can to make you, yet another valued returning customer. Call SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna today at 507-220-3700
Franchises are independently owned and operated
Keeping your Home Safe
Make sure to clean these areas regularly!
In this unprecedented time, community members are recognizing the importance of a daily cleaning routine. In accordance with the CDC, SERVPRO recommends the daily cleaning of the following items:
- Phones & Tablets
- Tables & Counters
- Door Knobs
- Light Switches
- Bathroom Fixtures
Keep in mind that while general surface cleaning can lower the number of germs, it does not kill them. By cleaning, sanitizing, AND disinfecting, you are further lowering the risk of spreading infection.
General Surface Cleaning: Physically removes microbes if possible, rather than killing them with a sanitizer or disinfectant.
Sanitizing: To be a registered sanitizer, test results must show a reduction of at least 99.9% in bacteria.
Disinfecting: Destroys or irreversibly inactivates microbes, but not necessarily the spores of bacteria and fungi.
It is also important to remember to wear disposable gloves when cleaning, disinfecting, and even handling laundry. Be sure to wash your hands after cleaning as well as washing them regularly. If someone in your household is sick, it is especially important to safely clean and disinfect your home. Find more information here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fprepare%2Fcleaning-disinfection.html
SERVPRO franchise professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
What's That Smell in My House?
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna can remove offensive odors from your Mankato or Owatonna home.
Smelling something fowl in your home can be alarming and irritating. SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna has a few tips for identifying smells and getting rid of them. No matter what you’re smelling in your Mankato or Owatonna home, it is important to put safety first. The smell of smoke, rotten eggs, or dirty socks may be an indicator of dangerous conditions. If you smell smoke, get out of the house and call 911 as it may be a house fire.
In need of fire damage repair? Call SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna at 507-200-3700
The smell of rotten eggs may be caused by a sewer or natural gas leak, in which case evacuation should be considered. Gas leaks can also smell like propane, skunk, or a dead animal. Use caution if you smell something like this in your home but know that these fowl smells can have other less serious causes as well. If the smell is faint, it may just be an overflowing trash can or something the dog dragged in. If the odor is very strong, it may be best to leave the home instead of investigating.
If your home has a musty odor, like dirty socks or feet, this may be an indication of a mold problem. Mold can be harmful to your health, so if you smell mold or discover mold in your home it is important to resolve the issue promptly. Mold may not always be easily seen, so smell can be a good way of determining if you are in need of mold remediation.
Whatever the smell may be, SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna’s trained professionals will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor from your home. From musty mold to lingering tobacco smells, we are here to help!
Fall Maintenance Tips for Mankato / Owatonna Homes
SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna Fall Maintenance Tips for Mankato / Owatonna Homes
Autumn is just around the corner. As hard as it may be to accept "at first" we Northerners know it's coming. No matter how much we'd like to pretend winter will take its time getting here, we must start preparing now.
There is important maintenance work to be done before that first snowflake appears out your window. It’s these tasks we don’t always look forward to but a must.
While the weather starts to change, now is the perfect time to get started on cleaning those gutters. Avoiding this task can ultimately lead to damage to your home including but not limited to:
- Damage to the gutters itself. Your gutters can become heavy when full of debris and fall causing a hazard to you, your family or visitors to your home. Not to mention you’ll need to repair or replace them adding costs that can be prevented.
- Fire hazards due to dry leaves left behind. No one wants to think a fire could happen but if a spark from even a neighbor welding “who may be using all safety precautions” can cause a spark to fly into your gutters resulting in a fire.
- Water can become backed up in those gutters and can eventually cause water damage to your roof, garage and even the walls and ceilings of your home. This happens more frequently than we believe it does.
Take the time in the coming weeks to clean your gutters and while your at it use these safety tips to ensure your safety during these cleaning projects:
- Do check for critters first. Sometimes animal wildlife and or pests can be taking up home in your gutters. Gently shaking the gutter first might help alert small animals to find another home.
- Choose a good and sturdy ladder. If you don’t have a safe ladder it might be a good idea to buy a new one or borrow a ladder that ensures your safety.
- Make sure to inspect this ladder before using it for any damage. Inspecting this ladder for sturdiness on each step and ensure that all screws are secure. The ladder should be safe for use before you make that first step. Check your owners manual for any specifications when using specific ladders.
- It’s always a good idea to let someone know you will be performing this task in case of accidental injuries or falls.
- Remember both of your feet and one hand should always be in contact with the ladder you’ve chosen to use. This is called a 3 point contact and should always be considered when on a ladder.
- Using protective eye wear will keep your eyes safe from any debris inside your gutters.
- Wear gloves. A cleaner hand is always favored but wearing gloves may also be the one thing that may protect you from a bite or sting from an insect.
Best of luck to you all in getting those gutters cleaned.
Stay safe and stay tuned for more useful tips and practical advice from SERVPRO of Mankato / Owatonna to ready your home or business for the Winter months.